Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Join two of the leading networks of experiential educators from across the country as we learn with and from each other how best to bring experience-empowered learning to life through schools, communities, workplaces, and higher education. The NExT and CAPS networks will facilitate a day of connecting, creating, and building experience-powered learning communities.
NExT is Northeastern University’s Network for Experiential Teaching and Learning. The network builds on the university’s world-renown experiential approach by promoting and supporting the development of high-quality authentic learning in K-12 schools and beyond. CAPS is the rapidly growing community of Center for Advanced Professional Learning Network affiliates, which bring real-world internship experiences to over 60 school districts.
We know that experience-powered learning has a lasting impacts on students. Experience-powered learning can enable students to:
- deepen their learning through application of knowledge in authentic contexts
- explore their interests and passions, see compatible futures, and learn how to navigate towards them
- develop the success skills and dispositions they need in a rapidly changing world
- build agency and social capital by contributing to community well-being and global sustainability
- close opportunity gaps that persist in under-resourced communities and populations
The bash will be virtual and will include: panels to showcase a wide range of specific examples; sessions that dig in to the “how” of specific practices; and sessions that enable you to develop ideas and get feedback from others already doing similar work. The conference is also designed to connect you with like-minded peers for continued collaboration as you grow these practices in your own schools, school systems, and ecosystem organizations.
Join us at the Bash as we launch into the 2020s! We look forward to collaborating on ways to help our youth navigate the possibilities of work and the pursuit of their interests and passions in a changing world.
Click here to get on the list to receive additional information.