Edison Universe is committed to inspiring educational institutions and supporting the business world. Motivated by Edison’s unique vision, unbridled optimism, and insatiable curiosity, Edison Universe is focused on nourishing the possibilities, opportunities and foundations of success to empower the imaginations and vision of tomorrow’s inventors and innovators.
Congratulations to the winners of the first annual Edison Universe Student Innovation Contest.
- Nova Personal UV Sensor – Kali Watkins, Conor French & Brooke Mitchell, Park City CAPS
- The NOVA device has the potential to help prevent skin cancer and develop healthy sun-exposure habits among the masses. The product also fills a necessary role in the medical market. The concept for the product was derived from a series of experiments completed by the CAPS client. After decided on the concept of the product, a sketch was drawn outlining the necessary components and a detailed vision for the product.
- IKOS Toys – Alexander Whitty, Sky Martin, Joshua Lansky & Kelly Murad, Park City CAPS
- IKOS are a modular spherical construction toy for inventors of all ages. With one shape, users can create everything from a full sphere to abstract curved creations. When you want to enhance your creation, snap pieces together vertically to create anything you wish. You can design anything you can dream up by adding other items or painting the sphere to create a unique and customizable 3D puzzle.
- Intonation, Portable Piano – Hanna Chen & Seth Mazza, Peoria MET
- The Intonation is a portable piano keyboard that can be broken down into designated segments. This allows for easier storage and transport, so aspiring piano players are no longer inhibited when traveling or when there is limited space. The design process was incredibly important to the lifespan of the product, and the original design was altered several times in order to provide an affordable, competitive product.
These student innovators brought to life Edison’s values by providing innovative solutions to problems displayed within their communities. With the addition of the Edison scholarship, these passionate inventors will continue to move innovation forward at the college of their choice.